Monday, March 1, 2021

New Shingle Problems

936-756-9223   discountroofing@gmail.com 

I went to look at this home, because the owner was selling it and the inspection report showed the shingles weren't sticking.  When I got there, I could see that the shingles looked as though they had been wind blown up.  

A 3yr old roof should have sealed down by now.  When I climbed up, what i found was the plastic wrapper that the bundles come in, had stuck to the shingle tar strip.  I looked across the roof and I could find that top shingle easily.  

This home measured out at 4k sq ft.  Thats the possibility of 120 shingles, not sticking.  What a nightmare for the seller.  The new shingles are just enough of a shade off, they don't match.  

All of this could have been solved, by just throwing that top shingle away.  5 bundles worth of shingles.  $150......  Very rare I see that many shingles with plastic on the tar strip.   Just a lazy or uninformed installer.  The seal strip is there for a reason.  Its your wind protection. 

 

No comments: