Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Discount Roofing and the Metal Roof

This past year I worked on an office building in downtown Humble.  We installed a metal roof where a composition roof was failing.  I've always shopped around for the best deal, not just for me, but for the property owner.  I was pretty amazed to see the difference in pricing for the exact same panel.  Every manufacture makes panels that resemble others, they just call them something different.  After shopping 5 dealers that I use, I found one that saved my customer almost $1600.  It was alot of time on the phone, but it was truly a win. 

When you shop for a metal roof, make sure you compare the panels to each manufacture.  Some panels may look the same, but may not have a foot or base on one side, making them less expensive.  These cheaper panels, also will show the seam more than a footed panel.  Make sure the panel you choose is designed for open purlins or a sheeted deck.  You'll find yourself in trouble if you purchase a panel that requires a solid deck and you have open purlins.